Niche Blogging: Niche blogging is the act of creating a blog with the intent of using it to market to a particular niche market. Niche blogs (also commonly referred to as “niche websites”) may appeal to “geographic areas, a specialty industry, ethnic or age groups, or any other particular group of people.” While it could be argued that every blog is, in some form, a niche blog, the term as it applies to market refers to a particular kind of blog. – wikipedia
Do you know what you are planning to blog about? Will your content be good for a broad audience or a specific target market? Depending on what you plan to blog about, picking the appropriate niche is critical.
Here are some tips to help you pick the right Niche for your blog:
- Your interest and Passions – this will make it more likely you will be passionate and thrive as a blogger
- Can you write authentically about these topics – do you have a great knowledge and experience in these areas?
- Research and see what others in that area are doing, and find out about the competition
- Find others in the niche you think you may be interested in and get to know them – this can help with networking!
POPULAR NICHES RIGHT NOW:
- Mommy Bloggers
- Lifestyle Bloggers
- Food/Recipe Bloggers
- Craft/DIY Bloggers
- Other Niches to consider: Homeschooling, Daddy Blogging, Photography, Garden, Design (home/redecorating), Disney and Entertainment.
STILL NOT SURE?
Test the waters! Write up a sample blog post about something you are passionate about and think you have a strong knowledge of and see how others respond.